Friday, February 11, 2005

Welcome to the family...

Finally! Finally you are here....heaven-sent little life that will be with me every second of every day for the next eight months. I am so amazed at the happiness you can inspire even though you are still unseen.

Your daddy and I went to the doctor yesterday (February 10, 2005) to confirm what we already were pretty about. A little lab work later and the doctor was congratulating us. He said you were already 4 weeks old. It leaves me speechless! In just 4 more weeks we will be able to hear your heartbeat, and that really excites me.

Your Grandma McKay is taking to the news very well. She even emailed me this morning to tell me she had already bought something for you! I think you are going to be very spoiled. Your Grandma Bryan is beside herself she is so happy and your daddy's Aunt Katherine is hoping that you are twins! I'll admit, I laughed a little nervously at that thought....but whatever happens, I am happy. You've brought me so much contentment, little one. I feel satisfied, more so than perhaps ever before.

You've had other effects on me as well. Mexican food, which used to be my favorite, is really unappealing to me at the moment. Practically anything spicy isn't on my list of favorite things anymore. And I do feel sleepy a lot, but that's okay -- its a good reason to nap! Your daddy now has the unpleasant task of cleaning out Xena-cat's litter box for the next 8 months, and I'll admit I feel no small amount of amusement over that.

Let me tell you funny story that happened the other night concerning that cat. We were all sitting in that tiny little living room we have in the house on Clearwater Drive, and we were talking about you and how excited we were. Your daddy looked at our little Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Abigail, and said, "Abigail, you're going to be a sister!" Xena-cat looked at him as if she were offended, and then jumped in my lap, put her paws on my tummy and bowed her head, in the absolute picture of a prayer! She stayed that way for nearly a minute...it really looked like she was praying over you. Well, if animals can talk to God (why not?) I think my dear little kitty was sending good emotions toward you. Funny, huh?

No comments: