Friday, February 25, 2005

Baby's First Pictures

We got to see you for the first time today!

Our exciting day began at 8:00 in the morning when your daddy and I arrived at Dr. Jones' office. My mom came too; she couldn't stand being left out of the big event. We waited for a good while before we were taken to the ultrasound room. The technician's name was Pam and we found out she was actually our neighbor. She was very nice.

They tried to do an ultrasound using the wand on my belly first, but you weren't developed enough for that method to work, so they decided to do a vaginal ultrasound. I was a little nervous, but it ended up not being too uncomfortable. It was only a matter of seconds later and there you were on the screen in front of me! You were only the size of a butterbean and it was pretty much impossible to make out any features, but it was still you, and I was so happy to see the life that was being created inside me firsthand.

The most amazing part was when she turned up the sound and we were all able to hear your heartbeat. My mom was estatic -- I thought she was going to dance around the room she was so giddy. Your daddy was smiling from ear to ear, and he kept saying "Wow! Can you believe it?" It was so cool. The reality of you really hit home. I can't wait for the next ultrasound when we will find out if you are a boy or a girl, and will get to see more of your features.

I love you already....I can't wait to see you in person.

No comments: